Peace Research invites publishers and authors to suggest books and alternative media for review that are relevant to the mission of the journal. For those who are asked to do book reviews for Peace Research, here are guidelines.
- As with articles, book reviews should conform to the Chicago Manual of Style (16th Edition).
- Reviews should be no longer than 750 words, double-spaced, on 8.5 x 11 inch paper with 1 inch margins on each side using ragged right margin and 11 or 12 point font.
Review submissions should contain the following items in the header, followed by the text of the review:
- Author(s) or Editor(s)
- Title of book
- Place and date of publication
- Number of pages
- Series, if applicable
- A separate page should include the reviewer’s name, contact information, and a brief biographical statement.
As a general guideline, reviewers may wish to consider these elements of the book:
- central and secondary theses
- evidence cited for these theses
- author’s theoretical base or assumptions
- key quotations
- alternative interpretations of the data
- author’s other important works
- applicability to peace and conflict studies
- Publication of accepted reviews takes place within eighteen months.
Contact the Book Review Editor for further information.
Book Review Editor
Menno Simons College
210 – 520 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3C 0G2